A Piñata Mind
Tuesday
  Now: Chakras?
A cautionary note to regular guys: Despite eschewing New Ageism at the start of this book, I am going to skate across a favorite concept of many New Agers here. I suggest you learn about the zones of your body, called Chakras, in relation to your life and health. Among the books I read coming out of cabbageness was Anatomy of the Spirit, in which author Caroline Myss talks about psychological damage to persons inflicted by other people showing up as immune-system deficient disease in the Chakras, such as the second and first chakras that encompass the sex organs, including the prostate.

Why should you care? Because it's easy to point to bad diet, a lack of exercise, and even laxity in staying stress-free mentally as the likely cause of disease. But I now believe you must consider longterm persistent psychic battering by outside forces too.

I'm convinced about the damage of allowing longterm Chakra battering to go unchecked when I recount the story of my roommate in the hospital in 2002, name now forgotten. He most definitely was a victim of Chakra abuse by his wife. He was a 53-year dentist from small town Illinois. He gave a memorable answer when I inquired about how he was feeling: “I guess I feel OK, but I’m missing my prosperous gland.”

The chap’s bitchy wife obviously had slapped the poor soul's Chakras around for many years. I don’t even recall her beef with him, but here he was on day two following this major surgery, and there she was, knowing full well I was there behind a curtain, and she was lighting into the guy: “You’re 53 years old, and if you can’t do it yourself, and you think I’m going to do it, and blah, blah, blah.” I left the hospital thinking: "I hope this dentist puts her in the dental chair someday and performs some Chakra therapy on her flapping maw."

With this story, do I blame the wife. Absolutely not. This guy should have skedaddled a very long time ago. I'll borrow part of a quote from Jay Cocks in Time magazine in 1984 here: (First, insert any phrase about negative outside forces like "just sitting back and taking it", and then read:)...is not only a good way to go crazy but also a pretty good place to hide out from hard truth."
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]