A Piñata Mind
Tuesday
  Now: A Dog Year
During the latter half of 2004 I read a book that was at once devastating and joyous. It was A Dog Year by author Jon Katz. It contains my favorite book dedication: "To my wife Paula, who loves dogs. But not this much."

Reading this book prompted me to take an action that marketing executives reviewing my MansGland Campaign had long suggested: tackling the topic of prostate cancer, not just the basic function of the prostate. I doubt that any of these executives figured I would tackle the topic of prostate cancer focused on the love of dogs as therapy for cancer patients. But, research from the University of Missouri shows that petting a dog positively affects serotonin levels to an equal or greater degree than many drugs. Although in an early beta stage, see what’s developing in this experiment at a site with the odd name of Pups N' Prostates.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]