A Piñata Mind
Wednesday
  Then: The Seeker
I think I’ve driven 20-year-friend David Mitchell nuts with my tales (related below) of enlightenment from Jon MacRae’s healing hands and his years on the mountaintops of South America. David is the most passionate seeker among my male friends.

What did David do when I told him of lightening bolts and sun spots at the hands of Jon MacRae? He went to see Jon. And he didn't see lightening bolts. But, with no disease to trigger the bolts of healing energy and his years of reading and meditating about similar unanswerable alternative paths, I think David was trying too hard. My advice to him was to pick up his sax, and find his center via jazz.

By the way, David, retired several years after selling his Inc. 500 computer services company, is so big-hearted that he calls high schools and says something like: thanks to the generosity of an anonymous donor, my jazz combo is available for a workshop at your school. Then he pays his band mates for these gigs.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]