A Piñata Mind
Thursday
  Highway 61 Then; Highway 62 Now
"Do you know where I can get rid of these things?…Yes, I think it can be easily done. Just take everything down to Highway 61." Bob Dylan

The metaphor of two highways for my recent journey and my new one is right there in front of me to use. (I'm sorry if it's also a bit of a groaner.) I got rid of things on Highway 61, and now I'm replacing them with things picked up along the road where I now live in Edina, Minnesota: Highway 62.

The chapters that follow are labeled Then or Now, indicating when they were written. The Then's are from my first book written in 2002 off of Highway 61 near Dylan's birthplace in Northern Minnesota. Chapters labeled Now recount my quest over the last six months in search of reconnectedness to the good people and memories that got shunted off the track of a healthy mind, body and spirit by the detritus of daily life.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

Archives


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]